Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm back!

I am so back!!! Being grounded from the computer for 2 weeks wasn't fun. And I think that it is the longest I have ever not blogged. Last week something happened that I really wanted to blog about, but for the life of me I can not remember what that was. I will say this though; I get to go see the Newsboys on Sunday!!! And Caitlin gets to go with me!!! I am so excited, it's going to be so much fun!!! I am really starting to get into animae pics, it's really weird. I think this picture is so great!!! I have this page from a book I am reading, and it is so true. I know of at least one of you who might recognize it.

"We all have pasts filled with mystery and murder," Dr. Francis said.
Interesting way to put it.
"In fact, it's one of the aspects of the human condition Kevin and I have discussed before."
"Oh?"
"It's one of the first things and intelligent man like Kevin, who comes to the church later in life, notices. There is a pervasive incongruity between the church's theology and the way most of us in the church live."
"Hypocrisy."
"One of its faces, yes. Hypocrisy. Saying one thing but doing another. Studying to be a priest while hiding a small cocaine addiction, for example. The world flushes this out and cries scandal. But the more ominous face isn't nearly so obvious. This is what interested Kevin the most. He was quite astute, really."
"I'm not sure I follow. What's not so obvious?"
"The evil that lies in all of us," the professor said. "Not blatant hypocrisy, but deception. Not even realizing that the sin we regularly commit is sin at all. Going about life honestly believing that we are pure when all along we are riddled with sin."
She looked at his gentle smile, taken by the simplicity of his words.
"A preacher stands against the immorality of adultery, but all the while he harbors anger toward the third parishioner from the left because the parishioner challenged one of his teachings three months ago. Is anger not as evil as adultery? Or a woman who scorns the man across the aisle for alcoholic indiscretions, while she routinely gossips about him after services. Is gossip not as evil as any vice? What's especially damaging in both cases is that neither the man who harbors anger nor the woman who gossips seriously considers the evil of their own actions. Their sins remain hidden. This is the true cancer in the church."

2 comments:

Darylyn Aubrey Starn said...

dude what book is that from??
PS im soo glad ur ungrounded! = ]

Anonymous said...

cute pic.....again

Beccas Favs